Testing tools for citp/msex?

Bits and byte level questions, ideas and suggestions for the CITP protocol.
santi

Testing tools for citp/msex?

Postby santi » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:59 am

Hello,

i'm trying develop for learning a media server based on open source and i'm dealing now with CITP/MSEx. I've took the open CITP library from J. Warwick (https://github.com/jwarwick/citp-lib) and i've extended it with the MSEx layer. Good....

I'm trying it with MagicQ and the thumbnails transfer is working, but a little bit tricky. I'm sending the thumbs only in the format MagicQ asks for (jpeg 64x46) and i've observed with Wireshark MagicQ doesn't send a Cinf packet, it seems ignore all of this part of the protocol. Also, it seems ignore the Ploc listening tcp port and attempts connect in 4811, if i place the server there works, if not MagicQ will continue attemping connect in this port.

So i've the software working in MagicQ but i would like test it with anothers tools, i've trying the CITP Suite, but it's too simple, what are you using for testing? is there some software over there?

Regards.

lasso
Site Admin

Re: Testing tools for citp/msex?

Postby lasso » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:19 pm

Hi santi,

At the moment there is no complete test suite (as you have noticed), so I guess the best thing to do is download other console softwares that support CITP/MSEX?

Regards,
Lars Wernlund
Lars Wernlund
Technical Manager, Capture Sweden

Return to “Design - For developers”